The component is part of the "Innovative Bulgaria" pillar and aims to increase the productivity of Bulgarian enterprises and implement new technologies, which will support economic growth, higher employment and labour income.
The component includes a total of one (1) reform and two (2) investments. The planned reform aims to build a mechanism for attracting industrial investments and developing industrial ecosystems.
The investment "Program supporting the development of industrial zones and parks and improvement of their infrastructural connectivity to attract investments (AttractInvestBG)" provides for the stimulation of industrial, climate and digital investments and the creation of favourable conditions for carrying out economic activity and creating jobs places in modern high-tech industries.
- Beneficiaries of the investment will be the Ministry of Innovation and Growth, the EIB/FMFIB/BBR group, municipalities, companies (operators of industrial zones and parks), and investors and their clusters/associations;
- The total available budget for the investment through financing from the Recovery and Sustainability Mechanism is BGN 216 million.
Investment's "Economic Transformation Program" aims to provide support in the form of grants and financial instruments for the rapid recovery and growth of Bulgarian enterprises in the main problem areas that hinder their competitiveness. The program consists of three funds: "Growth and Innovation", "Green Transition and Circular Economy" and "Investment in Climate Neutrality and Digital Transformation".
- Fund 1. "Growth and Innovation" focuses on improving the competitiveness of companies and creating the potential to preserve existing and enter new markets by modernising and expanding their activities, digitalisation and increasing innovation capacity. It is planned that the activities will be implemented through two (2) financial instruments and two (2) grant schemes:
• "Security instrument for growth" - the security instruments will be aimed at small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and small companies with an average market capitalisation and aims to support the rapid recovery of their activities from before the COVID-19 crisis and create opportunities for subsequent expansion of the business. The indicative financial resource in this direction is BGN 146 million from the Instrument for Recovery and Sustainability
• "Equity instruments for growth" - the equity instruments will be implemented by the European Investment Fund as a financial partner and aim to alleviate the negative effect of the COVID-19 crisis on Bulgarian enterprises. Equity instruments will target SMEs, Small Mid-Caps and Mid-caps. The indicative financial resource in this direction is BGN 146 million from the Instrument for Recovery and Sustainability
• "Technological modernisation through free financing of competitive selection" - the purpose of the support is to increase the efficiency of production processes, reduce production costs, achieve higher productivity and optimise the production chain. The intensity of the financial grant is 50%. We can assist you in determining the category of your enterprise. The indicative financial resource in this direction is BGN 260 million from the Instrument for Recovery and Sustainability
• "Grant scheme for ICT solutions and cybersecurity in SMEs" - the aid is aimed at enterprises from all sectors and aims to quickly and effectively support their access to information and communication technologies and services through the implementation of digital technologies in enterprises. The indicative financial resource is BGN 30 million from the Instrument for Recovery and Sustainability
- Fund 2. "Green transition and circular economy" aims to create sustainable and green innovative technologies and reuse primary resources in production chains.
The fund consists of two (2) main paths:• "Decarbonisation through investments in renewable energy and energy efficiency" - the direction has two (2) main support mechanisms:
• "Grant scheme for investments for combining renewable sources of electricity for own consumption with facilities for local storage" - the measure aims to contribute to the construction of new electrical energy capacities from RE combined with local energy storage. The support is aimed at SMEs, Small Mid-Caps and Mid-Caps from all sectors (except enterprises from sector D "Production and distribution of electricity and thermal energy and gaseous fuels" and sector A "Agriculture, forestry and fisheries" ). The indicative financial resource in this direction is BGN 400 million. The amount of the grant is to be specified, but its intensity will be 50%.
• "Guarantee financial instrument for energy efficiency and renewable energy"- the guarantee instrument will be implemented within InvestEU by the European Investment Fund as a financial partner. The instrument is aimed at SMEs, Small Mid-Caps and individuals. The indicative financial resource in this direction is BGN 146 million from the Instrument for Recovery and Sustainability
• "Transition to a circular economy" - the main goal is to support enterprises (SMEs and large enterprises from the C Processing industry sector) to introduce circular models of production and consumption and promote technologies. The indicative financial resource in this direction is BGN 360 million. The amount of the grant is up to BGN 1,000,000,000. for large enterprises; up to BGN 750,000. for medium enterprises; up to BGN 550,000. for small enterprises and up to BGN 350,000. for micro-enterprises. Aid intensity is 50% for SMEs and 30% for large enterprises. The indicative financial resource in this direction is BGN 180 million from the Instrument for Recovery and Sustainability.
- Fund 3. "Investments in climate neutrality and digital transformation" aims to support the transition to a digital economy with zero emissions, supporting the implementation of projects related to the production and storage of green energy, digital infrastructure (ICT, optical infrastructure, data centres, 5G ), urban regeneration, energy efficiency and social infrastructure. The focus of support is primarily on project companies (SPVs), but not excluding SMEs, Small Mid-Caps and Mid-Caps. The indicative financial resource in this area is BGN 58 million from the Instrument for Recovery and Sustainability.
You can find updated information about the individual programs for funding under Component 2 of the NPVU here in the "Current European Programs" section.